Thursday, May 13, 2010

Goodwill Frame - Altered





I went to a local Goodwill yesterday morning because I have been told that they receive overstock from a bunch of major brand stores (Target, Old Navy, Banana Republic). I got a ton of deals. Probably the best one were these off white picture frames from Target. They were originally priced $7.99 at Target and they were $1.99 at Goodwill. It gets better, yesterday morning there was a 1/2 of sale at this Goodwill. So, I got 7 of these frames for $1 each! I know I can get frames at the Dollar Tree for $1, but they are not nearly this nice. The glass is colored, orange on 3 of them and gray/silver on 4 of them. I just had to alter one last night. I've never altered a picture frames before, so I'm not sure if I did them "right". I just put the frame on a piece of paper and traced and then cut it out by hand. To color the sides of the frame, I used my Timber Brown StazOn applied with a sponge. I thought the green and orange gave a Thanksgiving feel, so I went with the sentiment "Blessings". I have been trying to count my blessing a lot lately. I am truly blessed in so many ways. I plan on altering all of them and putting them in my craft fair stash for the Fall. All items are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Stamp Set: Graceful Words (retired)
Papers: Fall Flowers DSP (currently on the Clearance Rack), Very Vanilla Cardstock and Chocolate Chip Cardstock
Ink: Chocolate Chip and StazOn in Timber Brown
Accessories: Eyelets from Makin' Memories,
Crystal Effects, Dimensionals, Linen Thread

Have a great day!

-Christel

2 comments:

  1. You make a one dollar frame look like a million bucks! Love it!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Frame!!! I love it when you can take something old and make it new again..

    ReplyDelete